This event is now over
A webinar for faculty on how to write a successful proposal to NSF's Faculty Early Career Development Program (CAREER).
· How to decide when and if to apply for a CAREER grant
· How to position yourself and your research to be competitive for a CAREER
· How to structure your proposal
· How to develop an educational plan
· Keys to success and common mistakes to avoid
· A step-by-step discussion of each section of the proposal and what it needs to tell the reviewers
· Questions and Answers
In her previous position in Proposal Development at Texas A&M University, Lucy Deckard worked with scores of faculty over 9 years to help them write successful NSF CAREER proposals. She has helped faculty to develop their education and outreach plans and has helped them fine-tune their proposal text. She has also worked with faculty to analyze reviews from previous submissions and revise and resubmit their CAREER proposals, which were often funded. In the process, she has seen what reviewers are looking for, what works, what doesn't, and what common mistakes should be avoided. Ms. Deckard now has a consulting firm, Academic Research Funding Strategies, LLC, which is dedicated to helping universities and faculty develop the skills they need to successfully compete for research funding.